Saginaw Bay Weather
Saginaw Bay
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Is anyone headed out from Linwood tomorrow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Michigan Fishing Report: Saginaw Bay Area Forum Index -> All Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZFK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Is anyone headed out from Linwood tomorrow? Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on heading out of Linwood tomorrow? I'd prefer to follow someone in the afternoon as I've heard the evening bite has been good. I prefer to go with someone just in case and Mlsmith is workin tomorrow and the guys I was supposed to fish with is on his way home with a dead sled.
Thanks
Zfk aka vern
DoubleK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZFK I am planning on going out around noonish with my son and son-inlaw. Stopped at Linwood road this afternoon talked to a few guys who said Ice was pretty good around 12 inches3-4 miles out. must have been about 75 or so trucks and cars parked in the parking area and out on the ice at end of road. I stay on the trails non the less and fish between groups. You are welcome to follow us out
YoteKiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be heading out there around 2:00.
ZFK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, managed to follow some friends out this morning, lets home the bite produces.
RYAN G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of the winds tomarrow? 24 mph winds from the west at 1:00 19 mph at 10:00am. I was gonna hitch a ride from a friend out of linwood but I am second guessing rt now. Kinda spooked
capt.dan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RYAN G wrote:
What do you guys think of the winds tomarrow? 24 mph winds from the west at 1:00 19 mph at 10:00am. I was gonna hitch a ride from a friend out of linwood but I am second guessing rt now. Kinda spooked

Ryan.

Any heavy wind is a pain in the Azz when dealing with the shanty and just plain Dangerous when the ice has any open water at all to move to. And always more dangerous when severe (25 MPH and above) from any direction. We have a pretty good, West-to-East/shore-to-shore layer of ice coverage this year that will hold under some pretty severe wind conditions for now. So 10 to 15 MPH winds from any direction won't do much of anything to the ice for a while yet IMO. The decision to head out or not of course is always in the hands of the individual. Cool Wink
Asocia1975

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful heading out guys!!! just heard from a source that the 2nd crack is opening up and a few machines went thru and a few guys were in the water. this crack is 5 mile out from state park!
RYAN G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard it may have been a quad and that he got out but was dripping. Shocked Just makes the ole sphincter pucker!!!! ice_cube
DoubleK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of Linwood,I fished by that crack this afternoon ,and saw water on and around it. It appeard to to go west to east about 4 miles out then continue a little South East. Saw many guys stop and poke spuds through it. Be very careful.
Thanks to the guys fishing by us who brought over the Gumbo very good, a tad hot (spicy) but good. wished I had got your name.

DoubleK
capt.dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K.

The milder, benign, non-threatening wind I talked about above is slightly different then the wind that is shaking my brick house right now. Shocked Shocked Be extra careful and aware on the Bay and river today if you go out. Fingers Crossed

Last edited by capt.dan on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 am; edited 4 times in total
DoubleK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Capt
icefalcon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fished Indy for a couple hours before the wind REALLY picked up and we quit. Not much action other than loose equipment we saw blowing around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Michigan Fishing Report: Saginaw Bay Area Forum Index -> All Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: